Pesto Zucchini Spaghetti
- 4 whole Medium Zucchini, Julienned Thinly
- 1 dash Salt
- 6 slices Uncooked Bacon (preferabley Uncured)
- ½ cups Sliced Green Onions (1-inch Pieces)
- 2 cups Medium Broccoli Florets
- 2 Tablespoons Prepared Basil Pesto, More If Necessary
- ⅓ cups Fresh Parmesan Or Romano Cheese Shavings
Place zucchini strips in a colander over a bowl or in the sink. Sprinkle zucchini with salt and toss to combine. Let the zucchini sit for 15 minutes while the salt extracts the moisture. Drain excess water, squeezing zucchini, if necessary.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, turning frequently. Remove bacon to a stack of paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon. Remove all but 2 Tablespoons of bacon drippings from the pan.
Return the pan (with the 2 Tablespoons of bacon drippings) to medium heat. Add the green onions and broccoli, stirring frequently for about 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add zucchini and 2 Tablespoons of pesto, tossing to combine all ingredients. Taste and add more pesto, if needed. The mixture only needs to warm up, so 2-3 minutes of cooking ought to do it.
Serve with bacon crumbles and freshly grated Parmesan